Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin

A fast and easy meal.
I made this for New Years Supper.

Very tender, falls apart,
with a lot of flavour.
 Ingredients:

2 pork tenderloins

In some countries pork tenderloin is call pork fillet. 
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 onion chopped.

Mix all the ingredients together.
I mixed all the ingredients together
 in a 2 cup measuring cup
 and poured it over the 2 pork tenderloins 
in the slow cooker.

Below, I had 2 tenderloins together.

Set slowcooker on low speed for 6-8 hrs.
I always try to have my meals in the slow cooker by 10 am,
if I am having it for supper.
Reminder: Do not lift the cover of the slowcooker too often.
Heat loss will disturb the cooking time.
I check it 1/2 way and turn over the tenderloins.
It could also be cooked faster, 4-6 hrs. on higher speed.



It was served with peas and corn,
 a carrot, cranberry and almond salad
 parsley potatoes and pickled beets.


The tenderloin refers to the major muscle
along the central spine portion of the pork.
 This is the most tender part of the animal because 
these muscles are used for posture,
 rather than movement.

Thanks for your visit. xo





I

No comments: