Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Mini Maple Sugar Cones


In Eastern Canada, and especially here in Québec, 
Spring time means maple sugar time.
It's a time to taste all the pleasures
of our Maple Sugar Products.

Today, I made these sweet little cones
.A delightful tasting little treat
Also great as a gift at Christmas or New Years
And a nice idea for Children's Birthday Party




Ingredients:
  • 1/2 lb Butter
  • 3 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
  • 1 can sweetened condensed Milk
  • 1 1/2 cups Minature Marshmallows
  • 55 Mini Cones (I bought mine at Maxi Store)
Instructions:
Melt Butter over low heat

Add, Brown Sugar, Maple Syrup and Condensed Sweetened Milk

Mix well and cook over medium high heat for 5 mins, stirring frequently

Add Marshmallows, mix well until completely melted


Fill Cones and put them in the refrigerator to cool.


Can be garnished with candy, fruit or nuts.

After Butter is all melted, add the Maple Syrup


Add Sweetened Condensed Milk and Brown Sugar

Boil on Medium Heat for 5 minutes

Add the Miniature Marshmallows
Stir in until completely dissolved


Fill Cones, be careful, it is HOT
I use a small ladle to fill them
For any dripping on the side of the Cones,
It removes well with a small Spatula
Place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate to cool

 Garnish before they harden.
I garnished some of mine with nuts, coconut, candy sprinkles, white chocolate chips, chocolate chips and some I left natural

View other cones I made here
 
                                                                                           
For a nice dessert try my Maple Syrup Rhubarb Dumplings
Also my visit to a   Sugar Shack 

























all pics are my sole original property







thanks for your visit xo